Responsive Ad Slot




Buhay Pinay



Philippine News

Join us at Facebook!

2 deceased Pinays together on final voyage home

22 May 2019

By Vir B. Lumicao

The bodies of two Filipinas who died within weeks of each other, one of whom was killed and the other, through illness, were flown home together on a Philippine Airlines flight today, May 22.

Cuyacut was killed by her Gambian boyfriend
The remains of Adele Cuyacut, 40, and Jennelin Gariando, 51, left on PAL flight PR 301 to Manila that took off at 11:10 this morning, according to Welfare Officer Marivic Castro of the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration in Hong Kong.

Press ad to find out 5 selected agent
locations, and terms of this promo.

The caskets of the two Filipinas will then be transferred to connecting flights that will take them to their respective final destinations.

The remains of Cuyacut, who was killed on Apr 10 by her Gambian boyfriend in their rented room in Tokwawan, Kowloon City, will be put on a connecting flight to Legaspi City in Albay that will depart at 5am tomorrow. It will then be transported by land to Bula, Camarines Sur.
The casket containing the body of Gariando who died after a stroke, will be put on a flight that leaves at 9am on the same day for Bacolod City.

Gariando (left) with Borromeo, was an avid hiker
Cuyacut’s estranged husband, Noel Consorte was the one who coordinated with the Department of Foreign Affairs on the repatriation of his deceased wife, said Castro.

Their two daughters, Jennely and Rosemary Consorte, are Cuyacut's OWWA beneficiaries.

Hong Kong police are still investigating the killing of Cuyacut, who used to be a domestic worker but whose visa status at the time of her death was not immediately known.
A 37-year-old Gambian national reportedly called police on Apr 11 to say that he had killed Cuyacut - who he referred to as his wife ---in a unit on Pang Ching St. in Tokwawan.

The man was reportedly a torture claimant on recognizance who has been in Hong Kong since 2012.
Meanwhile, the remains of Gariando, who collapsed in her employer’s kitchen in Happy Valley on May 8 while preparing dinner, will be taken to her hometown of Hinigaran in Negros Occidental where she will be buried, said her close friend Rosamie Borromeo.

Doctors who attended to Gariando at Pamela Youde Nethersole Eastern Hospital in Chaiwan said she must have banged her head on the floor when she collapsed due to a stroke and fell into a coma. They said an x-ray revealed a skull fracture.
Gariando’s sister, Mary Grace, who is also a domestic helper in Hong Kong, escorted her remains on the flight home, said Borromeo.

Gariando, who was known to be athletic, had worked for a total of 20 years for the Lau family in Happy Valley. She is survived by husband Prospero,  a 27-year-old daughter and two granddaughters.

Mas madali nang tawagan ang mga advertiser natin dito. Pindutin lang ang kanilang ad at lalabas ang automatic dialer. Isa pang pindot ay matatawagan mo ang advertiser na hindi na kailangang i-dial ang numero nila. I-try mo!

Call us now!

Don't Miss