Responsive Ad Slot


Buhay Pinay




Philippine News

Join us at Facebook!

Filcom leader dies 2 years after going home for good

21 August 2019

Aida R. Villanueva, 71
By The SUN

Image may contain: Aida Villanueva, standing and outdoor
As a Rizalista, Villanueva often joined wreath-laying ceremonies at Philippine historical sites in HK 

Filipino community leaders in Hong Kong are mourning the death of one of their own -  Aida Rebutiaco Villanueva - who succumbed to brain abscess caused by a lingering ear infection, on Aug 15. She was 71.

She was laid to rest today, Aug 21, at the Pamplona Catholic Cemetery in Camarines Sur, where she retired two years ago, after working as a domestic helper in Hong Kong for more than three decades.
Villanueva, or Ate Aida to many of her friends in Hong Kong, was widely known as an officer of several organizations, including Philippine Cultural Academy Dance Ensemble (PCADE), Diwa’t Kabayan Benlife, and Kababaihang Rizalista, where she served as vice president.

She was also well remembered for being the older sister of the late Linda Layosa, a former domestic worker who carved a name for herself as the editor of Tinig Filipino, the first magazine set up to serve Filipinos in Hong Kong.
According to Naty Manalo, one of her closest friends in Hong Kong, Ate Aida is survived by her six children, all of whom she raised on her own while working abroad.
4 of ate Aida's 6 children at the wake: Gina (eldest), Francp, Leila and Rolly Not in photo are Rico and Ronaldo.
Manalo also said her friend had long suffered from an ear infection and diabetes, and was taking regular medication for these ailments.

The ear infection apparently worsened last month, and in turn, also her diabetes.
One of her children said through messenger that Ate Aida had to go for a series of consultations and laboratory tests in July. After being given medicine for her ear infection, the lab tests reportedly showed her blood sugar had gone up to four times the normal range.

On Aug 9, she was referred to an endocrinologist and was given medication to control her diabetes. But on Aug 12 she developed a high fever and was rushed to the Bicol Medical Center in Naga City, where she died three days later.

“The doctor told us to expect the. worst, but (to) pray that it may not happen,” said her daughter. “We welcomed God's will when it happened…”

I-try mo ito, Kabayan: Kung interesado kang ma-contact ang mga advertiser namin dito, pindutin lang ang kanilang ad, at lalabas ang auto-dialer. Pindutin ulit upang tumawag. Hindi na kailangang pindutin ang mga numero.

Call us!
Call us!
Call us!

Call us!
Call us!
Call now!

Call Us!

Don't Miss