Responsive Ad Slot

Latest

Buhay Pinay

Features

People

Sports

Philippine News

Join us at Facebook!

Newly arrived Filipina DH one of 11 new Covid-19 cases

07 September 2020

By The SUN
Dr Chuang says the Filipina DH was returning to work in HK when she tested positive at the airport

A newly arrived Filipina domestic worker who was set to return to her work in the city was among 11 new cases recorded in Hong Kong today, Sept 7.

The Filipina, who should have presented a negative test result for the coronavirus upon check-in at Manila International Airport, was the only imported case reported.

According to Dr Chuang Shuk-kwan of the Centre for Health Protection at today’s press briefing, six of the new cases are linked to previous infections. Five were detected from the universal community testing program, including one linked case.


All but one of the six linked cases were related to what Dr Chuang had called as a “small-scale outbreak” in the Transport City Building in Tai Wai, where a total of nine cases have so far been detected

As a result of the new cases, about 20-30 people working on the sixth floor of the building will be quarantined. Out of a total of 12 units on that floor, four have tenants who have been infected.

“We think there is a small-scale outbreak in [the building],” Chuang said. “We will conduct testing on people from the entire block.”


The Tai Wai cases include an office worker on the sixth floor, whose colleague had tested positive earlier. Another had visited a warehouse on the same floor.

A staff member of the management office on the ground floor also caught the virus, along with two family members who tested positive after being admitted to Yan Chai Hospital, as well as a close contact.

Tunghayan ang isa na namang kwentong Dream Love

Among the four cases caught through the UCPT and whose sources are unknown are: a pregnant woman who dispensed Chinese medicine from a shop on Prince Edward Road West; a retiree who bought groceries from the Yeung Uk market; a 63-year-old man who works at Ka Ho Restaurant in Ngau Tau Kok and lives in Lam Tin; and a housewife who lives in Wong Tai Sin and exercised regularly and often went to Ngau Chi Wan market.

An Indonesian DH found infected earlier again tested positive during the mass testing (RTHK photo)
There was another positive case detected from the UCTP, a 48-year-old Indonesian domestic worker who was found infected previously while staying in a hostel run by an employment agency in Tsuen Wan. Case No 4249 was not included in the fresh cases as she had developed antibodies on her discharge from hospital on Aug 29.

Meanwhile, a 40-year-old man tested preliminary positive from the UCT yesterday was found negative of the virus during two successive tests at United Christian Hospital where he was taken for treatment. He did not have antibodies, however, meaning he could not have been infected previously.

CALL US!

Chuang said that for now, the man’s case is considered as a “false positive”.

But she said that the silent carriers detected through the UCTP showed the importance of the mass testing, as “even one or two cases (of unknown source) can leade to an outbreak.”

According to Dr Lau Ka-hin of the Hospital Authority, three patients died over the past 24 hours, taking the death toll to 97. Another patient who was diagnosed during post-mortem took the total number to 98.

Pindutin para sa detalye

The recent fatalities included a 69-year-old man who passed away at Tuen Mun Hospital, and two patients who were admitted to Queen Elizabeth Hospital: an 82-year-old man and a 96-year-old woman.

The latest cases brought the number of confirmed cases in the city to 4,889. Of these,  329 are still receiving treatment in 19 public hospitals and the community treatment facility at AsiaWorld-Expo.

https://leade7.wixsite.com/thesunads/asiandragon
PADALA NA!

Don't Miss