Responsive Ad Slot

Latest

Buhay Pinay

Features

People

Sports

Philippine News

Join us at Facebook!

Two FDHs linked to earlier infections among 8 new Covid-19 cases

22 September 2020

By Daisy CL Mandap


CE Lam reports a significant drop in the number of new infections

Two foreign domestic helpers whose nationalities were not disclosed, were among eight new local cases of Covid-19 reported today, Sept 22.

The news came as Chief Executive Carrie Lam announced a drop in the number of local cases in the past week, particularly those with unknown source.

Pindutin para sa detalye!

In a press briefing, the top official said that of the 67 confirmed cases within the period, 44 – or 2/3 - were imported, and of the 22 local cases, only 7 had untraceable sources, or “an average of one per day.”

“It shows that in the third wave, the situation is stabilizing,” Lam said. “However, given the fact that there are still cases with unknown source, that means there is still a hidden transmission chain in the community. Members of the public should not let their guards down, we cannot afford to do so.”

Call us!

CE Lam announced that the new gathering restrictions that took effect last week will be extended for another week.

These include limiting public gatherings to no more than four to a group, extending the dining hours in restaurants until midnight, and reopening theme parks, clubs, karaoke bars, swimming pools, gyms and other sports facilities.

It's still 4 to a group for at least another week, says the CE

Health authorities did not hold their usual press conference today, so members of their press team could only give basic information about the new cases.

Both helpers in the list appear to have been infected at their workplace, or their employers’ respective houses, as they’re described as linked to earlier infections. They were both asymptomatic.

The first, identified as Case No 5041, is 30 years old and lives with her employers at Block 1 Venice Gardens in Tuen Mun.

The other, Case No 5043, is 23 years old and is a resident of Block A, Fok Lin Building in Hung Hom.

The third other local case is a 14-year-old girl who developed symptoms on Sept 20, and is also linked to previous infections. She lives in Lok Man House in Lok Fu Estate in Wong Tai Sin where three cases were previously reported, the last one being a 69-year-old woman was found infected on Sept 17.

Tunghayan ang isa na namang Kwentong Dream Love

Five were imported cases, all returnees from India. They arrived just before flights to India were suspended for two weeks because of a surge in the number of their passengers testing positive on arrival in Hong Kong.

The A 39-year-old man flew in aboard an Emirates flight on Sunday, Sept 20, while the four others who appear to belong to the same family, tested positive while under quarantine at Ramada Hotel in North Point.

The four patients, all females aged 5, 9, 36 and 40, all arrived on Sept 11 via Air India Flight AI310.

The new cases brought the city’s tall to 5,046 with 103 related deaths.

CALL US FOR MORE DETAILS
PRESS FOR MORE DETAIL
Call us!
Don't Miss