Responsive Ad Slot

Latest

Buhay Pinay

Features

People

Sports

Philippine News

Join us at Facebook!

Newly arrived Filipina DH among 74 new coronavirus cases

21 December 2020

By The SUN 

Four imported cases were reported Sunday, including a Filipina DH

Seventy-four people were confirmed to have Covid-19 today, Dec 20, including a returning Filipina domestic worker and three other imported cases, the Centre for Health Protection said in its daily press briefing.

CHP information staff could only say that the Filipina is 44 years old, but not her arrival dates and other details. The other imported cases are a 45-year-old woman from Malaysia, a 19-year-old man from Britain and a 32-year-old man from Syria.

Pindutin para sa detalye

Of the local cases, 45 were linked to previous cases and 25 had untraceable sources, although it was possible they could have acquired the virus from environmental transmissions, said CHP’s Dr Chuang Shuk-kwan.

She said another 50 persons tested preliminary positive, including a female officer at the Hong Kong Police headquarters on Arsenal St in Wanchai.

PINDUTIN PARA SA DETALYE

Chuang urged Hong Kong residents to avoid large family gatherings as much as possible, especially with the celebration of winter solstice tomorrow, and the upcoming Christmas and New Year holidays.

“I think to control the Covid-19 spread, we need the cooperation of all members of the public,” Chuang said, as the latest cases brought total infections in Hong Kong to 8,153.

Pindutin para sa detalye

But, asked whether she was in favor of imposing a community lockdown to rein in the fast-spreading infections, Chuang appealed for patience and give existing government measures more time to bear fruit.

"We have done quite well in the past. Our mask-wearing rate is very high and we have curtailed our gatherings as much as possible, so, maybe we have to be patient for a longer period,” Chuang said.

An expert suggests partial lockdown if virus spread continues

Earlier on Sunday, Prof. David Hui, a respiratory disease expert from the Chinese University of Hong Kong and adviser of the government on anti-pandemic strategy, warned that a partial lockdown may be needed if the spread of the coronavirus in the city continues.

Call us!

Government broadcaster RTHK said Hui had observed that while fewer people are out on the streets on weekdays, the situation reverses at the weekend, when crowds pack malls and parks.

 He said such behavior would hamper the fight against the virus. He suggested that unless the number of cases falls soon, stricter measures should be imposed, such as requiring people to stay at home for several hours a day and designating one person per household to go out for groceries.

Dr Linda Yu, chief manager at the Hospital Authority, said that as at 9am today, 100 Covid-19 confirmed patients were discharged from hospital, raising the total number of recoveries to 6,837 patients.

She said a total of 1,081 confirmed patients are currently confined in 23 public hospitals and community treatment facility, among whom 64 patients are in critical condition, 67 are in serious condition and the remaining 950 patients are in stable condition.

PINDUTIN PARA SA DETALYE

Among the newly confirmed cases were four linked to YATA Supermarket in Sha Tin, two cases to Billy Sir music studio in San Po Kong, and two to Glow Spa and Salon in Central.

Tunghayan ang isa na namang kwentong Dream Love

There were seven cases in three units at Yat Lai House in Yau Lai Estate. Chuang said four cases were found in one unit alone.

CALL US FOR MORE DETAILS



Don't Miss