Responsive Ad Slot




Buhay Pinay



Philippine News

Join us at Facebook!

Filipina whose cause of death remains unknown to be flown home Sept 13

10 September 2019

Image may contain: 1 person, standing
Only an autopsy could shed light on
why Mylin died

Mylin Delizo, one of three Filipino domestic workers who died last month, will be flown home on Sept 13, as her relatives anxiously await an autopsy report that could pinpoint the cause of her death.

Danny Baldon of the Consulate’s assistance to nationals section said the 48-year-old Delizo’s remains were autopsied on Friday, Sept 6, after her relatives sent a letter-request the coroner’s office.

Call us!

Baldon also informed Delizo’s nephew, Jonathan, that the deceased’s employers would be shipping her remains to Manila aboard a Cebu Pacific flight.

Jonathan and Delizo’s estranged husband, Michael Ramos, will fetch the casket at the Clark International Airport. 

Baldon and welfare officer Virsie Tamayao of the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration initially met with the helper’s employers at the Consulate but failed to get any more information that could shed light on why she died.

Delizo’s employers for the past seven years said they found her dead in the living room of their Lai Chi Kok flat around 7am on Aug 19 as they were about to go to work.
They reportedly tried to rouse Delizo but that she was no longer breathing. They dialed 999 and responding officers called an ambulance that took her body to a public mortuary.

They in turn called ATN to report the death, and also found a way to inform her relatives by calling the last dialed number in her mobile phone. The number belonged to her niece in Singapore.

Nobody could say for sure if Delizo had suffered from any health problems.

Delizo was the third Filipina domestic worker to have died in Hong Kong within 10 days in August.

On Aug 12, Milagrosa M. Aligaen, 63, who had worked in Hong Kong for 29 years, was found dead on her bed in her employer’s house in Shaukeiwan, apparently due to heatstroke.

On Aug 22, Imelda Bartolome, 50, who worked in Mei Foo, died in hospital of a heart attack. She came from Naguilian, Isabela.

Delizo came to Hong Kong in 1998 and had been supporting her mother, said her nephew. She was married but had no children.  Vir B. Lumicao
I-try mo ito, Kabayan: Kung interesado kang ma-contact ang mga advertiser namin dito, pindutin lang ang kanilang ad, at lalabas ang auto-dialer. Pindutin ulit upang tumawag. Hindi na kailangang pindutin ang mga numero.

Don't Miss