Responsive Ad Slot

Latest

Buhay Pinay

Features

People

Sports

Philippine News

Join us at Facebook!

Two Filipino residents found dead in separate places over 2 days

10 December 2019

By Vir B. Lumicao

Two Filipino males, one a student and another a musician, have been found dead in separate locations on Hong Kong Island and in Kowloon over the past two days.

The body of the 23-year-old student was found on a roadside in Kennedy Town on Sunday morning, Dec 8, two days after his family in Tsuen Wan reported that he had gone missing.

Police classified the case as falling from height.

Francisco's body was found beside a building near the Bayanihan Centre in Kennedy Town

Police said the victim’s body was found by passersby around 9:45am by the road  beside a building at 54 Victoria Road, Kennedy Town, near the Bayanihan Centre. He apparently fell from the building’s rooftop.

A police spokeswoman said no suicide note was found near the victim’s body and investigators are still trying to find out the cause of his death.

A second Filipino died on Monday, Dec. 9, of an apparent stroke.
 
De Gala called the police himself to complain about feeling unwell
Police said the 48-year-old man, identified as musician Ted Alvin de Gala by his friends on Facebook, was found unconscious at 12:31 pm in his flat in Hung Hom by officers who responded to his 999 call.
The victim, who was living alone, reportedly made the call himself and complained that he was not feeling well.

He was certified dead on arrival at Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Yaumatei.

His friends who were with him in church last Sunday said he had gotten in touch with one of them to complain about feeling unwell, before making the distress call when he was near his flat.
De Gala was a band member who had worked in Hong Kong for 6 years and 8 months, just four months short of obtaining permanent residency. His family lives in the Philippines.

One of his friends and churchmate said that De Gala was already looking forward to obtaining permanent residency so he could bring his family to Hong Kong.

De Gala had reportedly suffered two strokes previously.


One of his friends went to the Consulate Monday afternoon to report his death and asked if the government could help repatriate the musician’s remains.

The friend was reportedly told that the request need to be sent as soon as possible to the Department of Foreign Affairs as its books are about to close for year-end accounting.

The assistance to nationals section advised the friend that De Gala’s relatives could approach the DFA to raise their concern. They should also send an authorization letter to someone in Hong Kong who could work on the repatriation papers to hasten the process.

However, Welfare Officer Marivic C. Clarin said that if De Gala was still under employment contract his employer should pay for repatriation. If the deceased was also an active member of the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration his family could claim a death benefit of Php100,000 and Php20,000 burial assistance.

Hong Kong Musicians Union chair Manuela D. Lo said the deceased's booking agent has already agreed to pay for repatriation. Lo said it was unfortunate that De Gala did not join HKMU as his heirs would have been entitled to $200,000 death benefit from their group insurance.

But she said their fellow musicians have already pitched in for a donation to be given to De Gala's family in the Philippines. His friends will also coordinate the repatriation.
---
I-try mo ito, Kabayan: Kung interesado kang ma-contact ang mga advertiser namin dito, pindutin lang ang kanilang ad, at lalabas ang auto-dialer. Pindutin ulit upang tumawag. Hindi na kailangang pindutin ang mga numero.


Call us now!
Call us!
CALL US NOW!
Call us!
CALL US NOW!
Call now!
Don't Miss