Responsive Ad Slot

Latest

Buhay Pinay

Features

People

Sports

Philippine News

Join us at Facebook!

3 DHs in HK who flew in from UK, Turkey and PH found infected with Covid-19

24 March 2020

By Daisy CL Mandap

Arriving passengers go through the quarantine process at HK airport (photo by Marites Palma)

Four Filipinos in Hong Kong tested positive for Covid-19 today, Mar 23, the biggest daily tally for the community since the first case was reported on Feb. 18.

The new Filipino cases include a 29-year-old musician who plays in bars in Lan Kwai Fong in Central, and three domestic workers aged 37, 43 and 51.

The musician, who has no recent travel history, reported having symptoms on Mar 17, the day about five others who had visited Lan Kwai Fong, also started getting sick. To date, more than 10 infections have been linked to the popular night spot.
The band soloist was admitted to Caritas Medical Center in Kowloon, where he was confirmed to have the coronavirus disease.

The three new cases of infected FDWs are all imported. The Centre for Health Protection said the three  helpers, all women, had traveled to Manila, the United Kingdom and Turkey.

They bring to 10 the number of Filipinos found to have Covid-19 in Hong Kong. Of the six earlier cases, only the last one had tested positive after arriving from Manila. The rest were infected in their employers’ households.
Six of the patients now remain in hospital, including the first imported case. The Filipina domestic worker left Manila and transited through Taipei before arriving in Hong Kong on Mar 11. She developed a fever on Mar 13, but was confirmed as a Covid-19 case only on Mar 20.

Also still in hospital is Jinkie Alhambra, who has bravely provided a detailed account on Facebook of her struggles as a Covid-19 patient in Hong Kong.
 
Jinkie's positive post  on Facebook
Alhambra was confirmed to have the disease on Mar 10, after her employer who had just left for Canada, tested positive for the virus there. The employer had earlier joined a three-week tour of India, and interacted with other Hong Kong residents who were also found infected.

The Filipina, who is confined in Queen Mary Hospital in Pokfulam, has been keeping a Covid-19 diary on her personal account on Facebook, saying she wants other people to take the threats of contracting the disease seriously.
“Do as you are told. Keep safe. Wash hands frequently. Don’t panic,” she says.

Consul General Raly Tejada said it was a “bad” day for the Filipino community, with four cases being confirmed within 24 hours.

But he says the Consulate has been checking on the condition of the Filipino patients, and is ready to assist them with their needs.

Previously, only one case involving a Filipino was reported a day at a time, and there had been long periods when not a single case was recorded.
Across Hong Kong, another 39 new cases were reported today, raising the total tally to 357. All but 9 of the new confirmed cases had travel history.

Among them is a female government doctor who briefed arriving passengers at Hong Kong airport on the rules for mandatory home quarantine. She had no recent travel history, and wore masks and gloves when working.

Also included was a Cathay Pacific flight attendant, and another airline employee who had been to Spain and United Kingdom, where he met with another infected person.

Hong Kong today barred entry to all non-residents, except those arriving directly from Macau, Taiwan and China, in a bid to stop the spread of the disease brought in from overseas.

The new restriction is to start on Wednesday, Mar 25, and will last for 14 days.

All new arrivals must now comply with the mandatory 14-day quarantine.
---
I-try mo ito, Kabayan: Kung interesado kang ma-contact ang mga advertiser namin dito, pindutin lang ang kanilang ad, at lalabas ang auto-dialer o kanilang website. Pindutin ulit and auto diaoer upang tumawag. Hindi na kailangang pindutin isa-isa ang mga numero.



Don't Miss