Responsive Ad Slot

Latest

Buhay Pinay

Features

People

Sports

Philippine News

Join us at Facebook!

CG gets tested for Covid-19 as daily case tally remains at 6

09 September 2020

By Daisy CL Mandap

'No pain,' says Congen Tejada of the swab test that he had earlier today

Consul General Raly Tejada led his officers and staff in taking part in the universal community testing program for Covid-19 earlier today, Sept. 9, as six new cases were reported in the city.
Congen Tejada said he and 14 other personnel from the Philippine Consulate General were all tested at the Queen Elizabeth Stadium in Wan Chai.

“No pain,” he said, when asked how his swab experience was. “Very professional and courteous sila.”

He again called on members of the Filipino community to join the UCTP which is aimed at detecting silent carriers in the city, in a bid to put the coronavirus infection under control.
The mass testing, which has now been extended for three more days, or until Sept. 14, is free and voluntary.

Pindutin para sa detalye!
So far, 1.3 million have already been tested under the program which had already been extended to Friday, from its original schedule of Sept. 1 to 7.  Of these, 19 previously undetected cases have been caught so far.

Earlier, Congen Tejada paid a courtesy call on Health Secretary Dr Sophia Chan and Civil Service Secretary Patrick Nip to thank them for their help to the Filipino community in the time of the pandemic.

He also assured them of the Filipino community’s continued support to Hong Kong’s efforts to combat the disease.
Congen meets with Secretaries Chan and Nip to extend Filcom's support to the mass testing (PCG Photos)

The developments came as the new coronavirus cases remained steady at six for the second consecutive day, the lowest since the outbreak of the third wave in early July.

Call now!

Five of the cases were locally acquired, and one was imported, involving a returning resident from India who flew in yesterday.

Four of the local cases were linked, and two of these were relatives of workers at the Transport City Building in Tai Wai who were already showing symptoms when they were visited by health officials.

One case detected through the UCTP was of unknown origin. The patient was identified as a 62-year-old man who lives in Tuen Mun and whose main activities consisted of going to nearby Chinese restaurants.

Two other cases detected during UCTP were previous infections.

One is a 65-year-old man who was found infected on Aug 6 and discharged on Aug 28.
The other is a 36-year-old Filipina domestic helper who was tested positive on arrival at the airport on Aug. 8 and was confined in hospital. She was also discharged on Aug 28 after returning several negative test results.

Dr Chuang Shuk-kwan of the Centre for Health Protection said health experts agree that if the patients already show antibodies after recovering from the virus, the risk of them spreading the disease is “very low.”

CALL US!
Both patients were not classified as new cases necessitating further treatment.
The new cases brought Hong Kong’s total tally to 4,902 with the related death toll steady at 98. Only 212 patients remained confined in 19 public hospitals and the community treatment facility in AsiaWorld-Expo.
https://leade7.wixsite.com/thesunads/asiandragon
PADALA NA!
Don't Miss