Responsive Ad Slot

Latest

Buhay Pinay

Features

People

Sports

Philippine News

Join us at Facebook!

HK records one local and 7 imported new infections, including 2 Pinays

30 September 2020

By Vir B. Lumicao  

Paramedics evacuate residents of the Yuen Long elderly home where
today's sole local case lived (RTHK photo) 


Hong Kong reported today, Sept 30, eight new confirmed coronavirus cases, including two returning Filipina domestic helpers who tested positive on their second test. There was only one case, and it had no known source.

Today’s infections brought to 5,088 the total number of confirmed cases in the city.

The Filipinas, aged 39 and 51, were asymptomatic and were in quarantine separately in hotels in Hung Hom and Yaumatei when they were found infected, the Centre for Health Protection said. 


Pindutin para sa detalye!

The five other imported cases were a man, aged 41, from Russia; three returnees from Britain, including, a couple 66 and 64 years old and a 28-year-old woman; and a girl aged 10 from India.

Dr Chuang Shuk-kwan head of CHP’s communicable disease unit, said the lone local case was a 71-year-old woman in an elderly home in Yuen Long whose source of infection is not known.

Chuang said the woman, a resident of the Yuen Long Home for The Elderly, was admitted to hospital on Sept 28 for other reasons but was tested positive for Covid-19 the next day.

PINDUTIN PARA SA DETALYE

She said the patient moved into the home only on Sept 21 after living with her family in Tsui Mei House in Kwun Tong.

The woman had dementia but was mobile, so the other residents were considered as close contacts, as were her family members, Chuang said.

She also said the case prompted the evacuation of 80 residents and staff members from the elderly home.

PRESS FOR MORE DETAILS

“We made arrangements for the 61 residents to be admitted at the AsiaWorld Expo for quarantine. For some others, they had been admitted to hospitals for other reasons. So far, four of them have tested negative,” Chuang said.

The 19 staff members were sent to a quarantine site, she said.

Undersecretary for Food and Health, Dr Chui Tak-yi, advised relatives to avoid visiting hospitals, rehabilitation centers and care homes to avoid the risk of bringing the virus or contracting it in those places.

Tunghayan ang isa na namang Kwentong Dream Love

Chuang said it was possible the infection happened while the elderly woman was living  in Tsui Mei and before she moved to the elderly home.

As there is a possibility that the case was a community infection, the CHP distributed sample bottles to residents of Tsui Mei house.

PINDUTIN PARA SA DETALYE

Dr Linda Yu, chief manager at the Hospital Authority, said at 9am today, 20 confirmed Covid-19 patients were discharged from hospital in the last 24 hours. So far, a total of 4,827 patients with confirmed or probable infection have been discharged, she said.

A total of 120 confirmed patients are currently in 16 public hospitals. Ten of them are in critical condition, eight are in serious condition and the remaining 102 patients are in stable condition, Yu said.

CALL US!
Call us now!
Call Us!

 

Don't Miss