Responsive Ad Slot




Buhay Pinay



Philippine News

Join us at Facebook!

4 to a group rule remains, use of LeaveHomeSafe to be extended

09 November 2021

By The SUN 

It's still only 4 people to a group, as HK strives to reopen borders with China

Hong Kong has extended for a further two weeks, or until Nov 24, social distancing measures that require no more than four people to gather in public places. Anyone found violating this rule could be fined $5,000 outright.

In a press release issued today, Nov 9, the Food and Health Bureau also said the government is exploring how the mandatory use of the LeaveHomeSafe mobile application can be extended further.

Call us!

Meanwhile, the Center for Health Protection announced that only one confirmed case of Covid-19 had been recorded as of midnight last time, involving a 19-year-old female passenger of CX881 who flew in from the United States on Nov 7.

The patient who was asymptomatic, tested positive on her arrival test. She was also found to carry the L452R mutant strain of the coronavirus.


In announcing the extension of the gathering restrictions, the FHB said the aim is to protect public health and foster favourable conditions for resuming cross-boundary travel with the Mainland.

In its statement, the FHB said it is looking at extending the use of the LeaveHomeSafe app in catering venues and other “suitable scheduled premises,” with the details to be announced later.

Scanning the LeaveHomeSafe app is a must for people entering govt venues

Currently, the use of the app has been made mandatory for everyone aged 12 to 64 at all indoor government venues, including wet markets, for contact tracing purposes. 


Restaurants and all private premises are still given the option to let their visitors fill in their names and contact details in slips of paper.

The FHB also expressed alarm at the low vaccination rate for Covid-19 among the elderly. Only 15% of those aged 80 and above have reportedly taken the jabs, leaving around 85% of them unprotected and in danger of suffering serious side effects should they get infected.

Among the existing regulations to be maintained are that a maximum of four persons can sit together in restaurants; eating and drinking, as well as live performances are still prohibited inside cinemas; adequate distance and partitions will be maintained in such venues as bars and pubs, bath houses, games and amusement centers.

For a full list of the restrictions, please follow this link:

Don't Miss