Responsive Ad Slot

Latest

Buhay Pinay

Features

People

Sports

Philippine News

Join us at Facebook!

Ocean Park set to reopen Saturday, Disneyland to follow

09 June 2020

By The SUN

Visitors to Ocean Park should book in advance, wear masks, and observe social distancing

Despite the gathering ban remaining in place for at least five more days, cash-strapped Ocean Park is set to reopen this Saturday, Jun 13., and Disneyland, “shortly.”

This was announced earlier today, Jun 8, by Edward Yau, secretary for Commerce and Economic Development, who said the decision was reached after consulting health authorities.
His announcement was made as Hong Kong reported one new imported case of Covid-19, involving a 34-year-old woman who returned from Pakistan on May 28, and was in a quarantine center.

According to Yau, public safety measures will be carried out at Ocean Park when it reopens, including requiring visitors to wear face masks, capping the number of guests, and requiring them to book in advance.




Asked if the rule allowing no more than eight people to gather in public will apply, Yau said health officials have advised that as long as the visitor number does not exceed half of the park’s capacity, there should be no problem.

Ocean Park has been closed since January due to the coronavirus outbreak. Last month, the Legislative Council’s finance committee approved $5.4 billion in fund relief to the park to keep it afloat for another year.


PRESS FOR MORE INFO
 

Yau also confirmed that Disneyland will reopen soon, but gave no specific date.
 
But he said the Hong Kong Book Fair, which in the past attracted hundreds of thousands of people a day, will open as scheduled on Jul 16-21. Other conventions and trade shows will be allowed to open next month.

Mickey and Minnie will soon be welcoming guests to Hong Kong Disneyland, but the exact date is not yet known

In addition, the government will allocate $40 million in subsidies to exhibitors, including a maximum of $10,000 for each booth, up to 10 booths per exhibitor.

Hong Kong’s total number of Covid-19 infections went up to 1,108 today, with the addition of the new imported case.



Only 55 remain in nine hospitals, including three who are in critical condition. The death toll stands at four.

Health officials reported that as of 4pm today, 1,382 deep throat saliva samples had been collected from residents of Luk Chuen House, site of last week’s local coronavirus outbreak. All the results were negative, except for the four cases confirmed as positive on Jun 2.


Pindutin para sa detalye

Six people residing in the building in Lek Yuen estate in Shatin have been found infected, including a 34-year-old woman who infected two of her colleagues in a food factory in Kwai Chung, and the ambulanceman who took her to hospital.

The Center for Health Protection says it is chasing other residents who have yet to return their deep throat saliva samples for testing.

Don't Miss