Responsive Ad Slot




Buhay Pinay



Philippine News

Join us at Facebook!

Filipina DH who tests positive during quarantine is among 36 new Covid-19 cases

18 August 2020

By The SUN

The Filipina  patient who arrived on Aug 7 tested negative twice earlier : in Manila and HK

A Filipina domestic helper who tested positive for the coronavirus disease 10 days after arriving from Manila is among 36 new cases reported today, Aug 18.

Dr Chuang Shuk-kwan of the Centre for Health Protection said the 36-year-old Filipina arrived on Aug 7, “and tested positive on second sample.”

That means, the Filipina would have tested negative twice, in Manila before boarding her flight; and second, on arrival at Hong Kong International Airport, where she should have waited for her test result before being allowed to undergo the 14-day hotel quarantine.

Travel restrictions imposed since Jul 25 requires all travelers from the Philippines and six other high-risk countries for the virus to present a negative test result for Covid-19 before being allowed to board their flights to Hong Kong.

The Filipina was the only imported case reported today. Of the 35 local cases, 29 were linked to previous infections, all but two of them from family clusters. The six others were of unknown origin.

A 95-year-old patient at Princess Margaret Hospital was the 70th to die from Covid-19 in HK

The death toll now stands at 71. A 95-year-old male patient passed away at 5:55am today at Princess Margaret Hospital, while a 64-year-old woman succumbed to the disease at Queen Elizabeth Hospital at 5:58 this afternoon.

A security guard assigned to terminal 2 of the Kwai Chung container terminal where more than 60 other infections have been recorded, tested preliminary positive today.

The patient was among 2,600 staff at the container port who returned sample bottles after the outbreak, traced to the temporary living quarters provided to people on overnight shifts.

More than 50 of the cases occurred at the Wang Kee company, which has suspended operations as of Monday to contain the spread of the virus.
Also testing preliminary positive was a 65-year-old man who was admitted to the surgical ward of the Yan Chai Hospital on Aug 15, after complaining of abdominal pain. He was moved to an isolation room after he developed a fever on Aug 17.

Six other patients who shared the ward with the patient will be put under quarantine, while seven medical staff who looked after him while wearing the standard PPE will be pub under medical surveillance.

As of 9am today, 78 more patients have been discharged, raising the total recoveries to 3,677.

There are still a total of 751 patients confined in 19 public hospitals and the treatment facility at AsiaWorld-Expo: 31 are in critical condition, 38 are serious, and 682 are in stable condition.

Don't Miss