Responsive Ad Slot

Latest

Sponsored

Features

Buhay Pinay

People

Sports

Philippine News

Join us at Facebook!

Mirador Mansion infection nets two foreigners on recognizance

13 February 2021

By The SUN

The three cases found in Mirador Mansion so far are said to be friends 

Two women who are on recognizance and are living in Mirador Mansion in Tsim Sha Tsui have tested preliminary positive for Covid-19, a day after their friend who lives in the building was found infected.

Dr Chuang Shuk-kwan of the Centre for Health Protection said in today’s press briefing that the two women were friends with the 42-year-old female resident of Mirador Mansion who tested positive for the coronavirus yesterday.

Pindutin para sa detalye!

The three are also friends with a 36-year-old woman who lives in nearby Tsim Sha Tsui Mansion, who was among 12 new coronavirus cases confirmed today.

Residents and visitors who were at Mirador Mansion for the past week until Feb 12 were ordered to undergo testing yesterday, while the same order was issued today for those living in Tsim Sha Tsui Mansion.

Call now!

The order covered a group of Filipino musicians who had spent several hours on Friday in the office of Hong Kong Musicians Union, packing relief goods for some of their colleagues in distress.

Chuang said the first case in Mirador Mansion arrived from Malaysia in May last year. The first preliminary case arrived in October last year, and the second, in July last year.

CONTACT US!

She said she did not know why the three held recognizance papers, which are usually issued by Immigration Department to foreigners who could not be removed within a reasonable period of time.

All residents of sub-divided flats in the building have been evacuated and moved to quarantine centers as a result of the infections.

CLICK FOR DETAILS

Of the 12 new cases, two are imported, including a 29-year-old Filipina domestic helper who arrived on Jan 30 and tested positive on her 12th day in quarantine at iclub Hotel in Tokwawan.

The other is a 67-year-old male resident who also arrived on Jan 30 from United Arab Emirates and tested positive on his second test while in quarantine at Hotel Indigo in Wan Chai.

Dr Chan says local people may be hesitant to see a doctor during the new year 

Director of Health Dr Constance Chan said that while there’s been a marked decline in the number of new cases, it could be the result of most private clinics being closed for the holidays and local people’s belief that “it’s unlucky to see a doctor during Chinese New Year.”

She appealed to everyone to disregard this thinking and seek medical help immediately as soon as they experience any of the symptoms of Covid-19, like a cough, itchy throat, fever, loss of sense of taste and smell.

Pindutin para sa detalye

“If people have any mild symptoms, however mild, they must see a doctor as soon as possible to exclude Covid-19,” she said. “They must not wait after the holidays.”

She thanked those who followed the advice to refrain from holding large family gatherings and reiterated that if they wanted to see relatives for the traditional get-togethers, they should wear masks at all times and refrain from dining together.

Tunghayan ang isa na namang kwentong Dream Love

Chuang said there were two cases with unknown sources, including a welfare worker who attended group discussions at a boys and girls club in Tsz Wan Shan.

Since there has been a preliminary case involving another participant in the meetings, about a dozens of staff, volunteers and participants a the club will be sent to quarantine.

可能是顯示的文字是「 Worth more than 20 th HK ANNI $1,000,000 Draw Lucky $300 2000 WINNERS EVERY 2 WEEKS 12 Feb 8 Apr 2021 1 Entry for every $20 & $50 recharge 10 Entries for every $100 recharge Trade Promotior Competition Licence: Terms Conditions apply 54167-8 」的圖像


Including this case and the two women on recognizance, there were fewer than 10 preliminary positive cases, said Chuang.

Meanwhile, another confirmed patient passed away today, bringing the death toll in public hospitals to 187. The 60-year-old male patient had been in intensive care at Princess Margaret Hospital since Jan 2.

A total of 372 confirmed patients are being treated in 23 public hospitals and the treatment facility at AsiaWorld Expo. They include 21 who are in critical condition, 17 in serious condition, and 334 who are stable.

Don't Miss