Responsive Ad Slot




Buhay Pinay



Philippine News

Join us at Facebook!

Filipino DH could face murder after Pinay girlfriend dies from head injuries

03 January 2022

By Daisy CL Mandap 

No bail was allowed for Valencia after the court heard his alleged victim died from her injuries

Charges against a Filipino domestic helper could be upgraded to either murder or manslaughter after his Filipina girlfriend died from head injuries she sustained on Dec 22 allegedly due to his mauling, Eastern Court was told earlier today, Jan. 3.

Bernie Macatangay Valencia, 42, appeared in court originally charged with wounding with intent, but prosecutors told Magistrate Ada Yim that the charge against him would be amended following the death of the alleged victim yesterday.


“It is possible that the charge may be amended to murder or manslaughter,” said the prosecution. She added that she would continue to oppose any bail application by Valencia “in view of the serious offence committed.”

Yim was told the alleged victim, Ivy Quiabang, 36, passed on in hospital at 7:52am on Sunday, Jan. 2.

Valencia’s lawyer, on the other hand, said there would be no bail application to be made on behalf of the defendant.

Pindutin para sa detalye

Yim told Valencia she was extending his bail, and that he should appear again in court on Feb. 7.

Police filed a charge of wounding with intent against Valencia when he first appeared in Kwun Tong court on Dec. 25.

Police say the incident happened in a boarding house on Stone Nullah Lane in Wanchai

He was arrested on the night of Dec 23 after he took an unconscious Quialang to Ruttonjee Hospital. The couple reportedly fought the day before at their boarding house on Stone Nullah Lane in Wanchai, which ended with the accused hitting the woman.


The alleged victim reportedly suffered brain hemorrhage and was transferred to Pamela Youde Nethersole Eastern Hospital where she was operated on, but never regained consciousness. 

Records at the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration showed Quiabang was separated from her husband and was raising her two young kids with help from her family in Isabela.


She had worked for a single employer for eight years and was issued her new employment visa on Dec 23. She would have started working for her employer today, Jan 3 had she not met an untimely death.

Valencia, on the other hand, reportedly arrived in Hong Kong only in September last year and was looking for a new employer after the previous one relocated abroad.


OWWA and the Assistance to Nationals Section of the Consulate are now looking into who should take care of repatriating Quiabang's remains due to her uncertain visa status.

Don't Miss