Responsive Ad Slot

Latest

Buhay Pinay

Features

People

Sports

Philippine News

Join us at Facebook!

Just-arrived Filipina DH among 6 new Covid-19 cases

27 September 2020

By The SUN

  

The Filipina DH should have tested negative before departing Manila

A newly arrived 29-year-old Filipina domestic helper was one of five imported coronavirus cases reported today, Sept 27.

The sixth and only local case is a 22-year-old male worker at a Kai Tak construction site, whose infection has sparked concern of a new outbreak. A second worker at the site has tested preliminary positive.

The Centre for Health Protection said in a press briefing that the Filipina arrived on Hong Kong Airlines Flight 782 on Sept. 25. She was found positive after being tested at the airport.

Pindutin para sa detalye

The four other imported cases were a 28-year-old female who arrived Sept 26 from Tunisia, a 15-year-old girl who returned from London on the same day, a 29-year-old woman who was negative on arrival from London on Sept 13 but found positive in a second test yesterday, and a 47-year-old woman who arrived from India on Sept 16.

The construction worker at the Kai Tak redevelopment site who tested positive had no known source of infection, said Dr Chuang Shuk-kwan, head of the CHP communicable disease unit.

She said the patient appeared to have infected his co-worker who tested preliminarily positive.

Pindutin para sa detalye!

Chuang said the patient’s nine co-workers as ground levelers at the site with whom he had meals and shared the rest room were considered close contacts and were all sent to quarantine.

Specimen bottles were distributed to all other workers in site who were 500 in all, working for several contracting companies.

Chuang said bottles were also distributed to residents of a tenement building in Shamshuipo where the construction worker lived. 

The infectious disease expert says silent transmission is still going on

She said silent transmission is still out there. This raised queries from media about whether the number of cases could surge after this week’s Mid-Autumn celebrations, as what happened after safety protocols were eased on Fathers Day.

Chuang said it is important to continue with social distancing and personal hygiene practices because of likely silent transmission chains.

PINDUTIN PARA SA DETALYE

“We appeal to the general public to observe social distancing, wear a mask and wash your hands as much as possible during the celebrations,” said Chuang.

Dr Lau Ka-hin, Hospital Authority chief manager, said another nine patients had been discharged from public hospitals in the last 24 hours, bringing to 4,786 the number of patients with confirmed or probable infection to have been discharged. The death toll remains at 104.

Tunghayan ang isa na namang Kwentong Dream Love

Lau said a total of 141 confirmed patients are still confined in 16 public hospitals, among whom 11 are in critical condition, eight are in serious condition and the remaining 122 in stable condition.

CALL US TO TRY!
CALL US!
Call us now!
Call Us!

   

Don't Miss