Responsive Ad Slot




Buhay Pinay



Philippine News

Join us at Facebook!

Cargoflex customers set to seek Consulate help over undelivered boxes

15 September 2021

By Daisy CL Mandap 

Cargoflex shop in World-Wide House remains open to receive complaints

Dozens of disgruntled customers of Cargoflex Hong Kong are set to go to the Consulate on Sunday to complain about the failure of the company to deliver the boxes of goods that they had asked to be sent to their families in the Philippines as early as four months ago.

As of this writing, 37 Filipino domestic workers had signed up the appeal for Cargoflex to deliver their boxes immediately, and have agreed to seek the Consulate’s help in this regard. Many more are expected to join the petition.

Call now!

Asked about the appeal, Consul General Raly Tejada said the Consulate is open to receiving the complainants, as it has done with similar cases in the past.

But he pointed out to an open letter sent to him by Cargoflex Philippines on Sept. 13, assuring that they “will not abandon any shipment.”

Cargoflex Philippines pledges to deliver all boxes as promised

Around 200 boxes are said to have been held up at the Bureau of Customs in the Philippines since May because of Cargoflex Hong Kong’s failure to pay for their release.

Another 200 boxes are said to be still in the company’s warehouse in Hong Kong, held up by the same financing problem.


The irate customers said they had been given the runaround the past few months whenever they asked why their boxes were not sent to their recipients within the time promised.

Yung mga carton naming hindi pa nade deliver sa lugar namin, 3, 4, 5 months na. Pangako sila ng pangako na one week, one week, hanggang sa tumagal e wala pa din,” said one in a message to The SUN.

(Our boxes have yet to be delivered to our places since 3,4,5 months ago. They kept promising to do it within a week, but months have passed but they never delivered them).

Bago kami nag send sabi nila three to four weeks lang ang itatagal pero nagsisinungaling lang sila sa amin. Tapos tinuturo nila kami kung kani-kanino kokontak tapos same reason lang ang sinasabi.”


(Before we sent our boxes we were told that it would only take three to four weeks before they reach their destination, but they lied. Later, we were told to contact various people but they just gave us the same excuse).

Several other customers have taken to social media to vent, including a tearful Filipina worker from Iloilo who pleaded to just get her box back, saying “pinaghirapan namin yung laman ng box na yun para sa pamilya namin.” (we exerted effort to fill that box for our family’s sake). 

A teary-eyed customer posted a video asking to at least get her box back

Faced with the mounting complaints, Cargoflex Hong Kong director Melly Lansang told The SUN that the stranded boxes in the Philippines will be released starting tomorrow, while the ones still here will be sent starting next week.

In the letter to Congen Tejada, Cargoflex Philippines vice president James Pereira attributed the backlog in delivery to “internal problems and challenges with the assigned officer in Hong Kong office.”

Staff in the Philippine office pointed to Lansang as the person responsible, during recorded conversations with customers who wanted to get to the bottom of the problem.

The female staff member said Lansang had failed to send money earned from the Hong Kong operations amounting to Php7million, which resulted in them not being able to pay for customs clearance.

Tunghayan ang isa na namang kwentong Dream Love

But Lansang denies this, saying the HK operations had been losing money for months that she offered to resign as a director as early as March this year. From then on, she said she was no longer involved in running the company.

It was Cargoflex Philippines that decided to keep the Hong Kong operations running and hired its own manager to continue accepting customers, said Lansang.

As of now, she said the Hong Kong branch has stopped accepting boxes, but is keeping its shop in World-Wide Plaza open to show customers it does not intend to run away from its obligations.

It was only in July this year that another cargo company, Tiger and Son, suddenly closed shop, leaving hundreds of customers scrambling to locate their boxes and to get help in having them sent to their intended recipients.

A number of them asked the Consulate to intervene, but failed to get the hoped-for relief after the company owner, Glenn Calalang, failed to show up during a scheduled mediation.

Consulate officers had no choice but to send the affected customers to the police to file complaints.

Don't Miss