Responsive Ad Slot

Latest

Buhay Pinay

Features

People

Sports

Philippine News

Join us at Facebook!

2 new cases today, as health officials say those with Covid-19 symptoms must seek help fast

23 April 2020

By The SUN

One of the new cases asked to be tested 15 days after going home from quarantine

Hong Kong health officials reported two new imported cases of Covid-19 today, Apr 23, the 12th straight day that the daily tally has been in the single digit. 

The new cases include a 58-year-old man who developed symptoms two days after returning to Hong Kong from the United States on Mar 24, but did not seek treatment immediately.

The patient was found positive of the disease nearly a month after he started coughing and lost his sense of smell, and 15 days after he ended his home quarantine.

Pindutin para sa detalye!

In between ending his isolation on Apr 6 and seeing a doctor on Apr 21, the man went back to work in his office at the Hong Kong Club building, visited his dentist in Melbourne Plaza, and went for a hair cut at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel, all in Central.

The patient, who lives on Blue Pool Road in Happy Valley, has been admitted to Pamela Yourde

Dr Chuang Shuk-kwan of the Centre for Health Protection, said the case underlines the need for people to seek medical help immediately once they develop symptoms.

Call us now!

The other patient is a 27-year-old man who visited Switzerland and France starting on Mar 13, and returned to Hong Kong on Apr 21.

He was found infected at AsiaWorld-Expo shortly after arrival, and was sent to Queen Mary Hospital.

Call us!

The patient said he developed a cough and lost his sense of smell and taste on Mar 16 while he was traveling.

The two cases brought Hong Kong’s total tally to 1,036. Of these, 698 have recovered and been discharged, including the 21 released from hospitals today.
Only 353 patients remain in isolation, with 9 in critical condition (including one patient who was previously classified as seriously ill), and 3 in serious condition. The death toll remains at 4.

Also today, a total of 286 overseas returnees who flew into Hong Kong in the afternoon and evening yesterday, have been sent to the Regal Oriental Hotel in Kowloon City, where they were made to wait for their test results overnight, under a scheme that started on Wednesday.

Undersecretary for Food and Health Dr Chui Tak-yi said all the returnees had tested negative for Covid-19.

CALL US!



Don't Miss